Male vs Female Spending Statistics [Fresh Research]

Summarized & Collected by: Vamps.ai | Last Updated: 7/22/2024

In this post, we present a comprehensive analysis of male versus female spending statistics, shedding light on the distinct consumer behaviors and preferences observed between the genders. The data reveals intriguing patterns, such as the significant role women play in driving overall consumer spending and the differences in purchasing habits when it comes to various product categories. Stay tuned to uncover the fascinating insights into the diverging spending trends between men and women.

Our Statistics Collection

Statistic 1

"Women drive 70-80% of consumer spending, while men control the remaining 20-30%."

Sources Icon
Share this statistic:FacebookLinkedIn

Statistic 2

"Men are more likely to make impulse purchases (54%) than women (45%)."

Sources Icon
Share this statistic:FacebookLinkedIn

Statistic 3

"On average, women spend 379 minutes per week shopping, while men spend 263 minutes."

Sources Icon
Share this statistic:FacebookLinkedIn

Statistic 4

"Women spend an average of $62 on clothing per month, as opposed to men, who spend about $53."

Sources Icon
Share this statistic:FacebookLinkedIn

Statistic 5

"Men spend 110% more on electronics than women."

Sources Icon
Share this statistic:FacebookLinkedIn

Statistic 6

"Women account for 53% of total US credit card spending, with men making up the remaining 47%."

Sources Icon
Share this statistic:FacebookLinkedIn

Statistic 7

"Men spend nearly twice as much on dining and entertainment for socializing than women."

Sources Icon
Share this statistic:FacebookLinkedIn

Statistic 8

"Male mobile gamers spend 33% more in mobile games than women."

Sources Icon
Share this statistic:FacebookLinkedIn

Statistic 9

"58% of women are savers compared to only 36% of men, leading to higher overall spending by men."

Sources Icon
Share this statistic:FacebookLinkedIn

Statistic 10

"Men account for 62% of the total online spending in the United States."

Sources Icon
Share this statistic:FacebookLinkedIn

Statistic 11

"Men spend 151% more on footwear than women."

Sources Icon
Share this statistic:FacebookLinkedIn

Statistic 12

"Men spend an average of $1,271 on alcohol annually compared to women at $724."

Sources Icon
Share this statistic:FacebookLinkedIn

Statistic 13

"Women spend slightly more on groceries ($316) than men ($304) monthly."

Sources Icon
Share this statistic:FacebookLinkedIn

Statistic 14

"Men spend an average of $85 per month on personal care items, while women spend $135."

Sources Icon
Share this statistic:FacebookLinkedIn

Statistic 15

"Men are twice as likely as women to spend $2,000 or more on gadgets."

Sources Icon
Share this statistic:FacebookLinkedIn

Statistic 16

"50% of men make a purchase on a mobile device compared to 45% of women."

Sources Icon
Share this statistic:FacebookLinkedIn

Statistic 17

"Women spend more time (47%) shopping online than men (39%)."

Sources Icon
Share this statistic:FacebookLinkedIn

Interpretation

Overall, these statistics paint a complex and nuanced picture of spending behaviors between men and women. While women tend to drive a significant portion of consumer spending and are more diligent savers, men are shown to spend more on certain categories such as electronics, alcohol, and footwear. Men also exhibit higher levels of impulse purchasing and spending on dining and entertainment. The data also highlights differences in shopping habits, with women spending more time on average shopping, both in physical stores and online. Understanding these gender differences in spending patterns can be valuable for businesses looking to tailor their marketing strategies and product offerings to effectively target both men and women consumers.

References